5.02.2011

Prayers, Pallets, and To-Do's

Although I don't have many followers, some of you have come from other websites and aren't people from around the area whom I know and am friends with in real life. For those of you from outside of Alabama, you might know that our state endured a terrible string of tornadoes last Thursday. Although the area in which I live was not affected, many of the surrounding areas and those just a couple of hours away are suffering a great deal over loved ones lost, homes ruined, and lives changed forever. Please pray for those who have been affected by these storms, and if you can, donate what you are able to.

On to another topic. Pallets. I cannot believe all that I have seen today created from recycled pallets. Yes, you heard right. Those wooden supports that are typically found outside of dumpsters ready to be grabbed, yeah those. I have always looked at them and wondered... hmmm, what can I do? We all know that I'm really not all that inventive. Sure, I can follow an easy tutorial to a T. But, I'm not coming up with grand ideas of how to turn trash into treasure.

And then I saw this.
Source: re-nest.com via Tesa on Pinterest
I wasn't even looking too closely before I pinned it. After a closer look... it's a pallet. Wow! Now, there is no tutorial for this particular table, but I have found several others that can be adapted. I am in love. So after thumbing around Etsy I ran across some more really great finds.

Another table.






Source: etsy.com via Tesa on Pinterest
And a chair.  

Source: etsy.com via Tesa on Pinterest


This fab stool.
Source: etsy.com via Tesa on Pinterest
And this cute bench (and dog!). 
Source: etsy.com via Tesa on Pinterest


Aren't those awesome? Most of the pics are from an Etsy shop found here. I am really thinking of attempting some sort of outdoor table for the patio. There isn't much more room back there, but what the heck.

And lastly, I really need some help with the organization of my projects. I have at least 3 projects that I am in the middle of and am coming up with new ideas daily. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Working full time and going to school (although that will officially be over with this week!!!) haven't left much time for me to actually get motivated to work around the house. Heck, I'm lucky if I clean it up each afternoon, much less make a new mess by dragging out supplies for a project. But, I need to get it all organized and come up with a system so that something actually gets completed. That's my task today, since I am home sick. Oh, did I not mention that right now I feel like I have been hit by a truck mixed with the silly feeling I get in my stomach from DayQuil. Yuck! I definitely don't feel well enough to go outside and complete the patio redo that has evolved from simple to complex. So for now, it's just me and the computer and attempting to gain some order in my life!

Until next time.

No comments: